Weekly analyst rating updates for M&T Bank (MTB)
M&T Bank (NYSE: MTB) recently received a number of rating updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 21/04/2022 – M&T Bank has been upgraded by Morgan Stanley analysts from an ‘underweight’ rating to an ‘overweight’ rating. They now have a price target of $238.00 on the stock, down from $179.00 previously.
- 04/21/2022 – M&T Bank has had its price target raised by Wells Fargo & Company analysts from $180.00 to $195.00. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the stock.
- 04/21/2022 – M&T Bank has had its price target raised by Wedbush analysts from $187.00 to $212.00.
- 04/20/2022 – M&T Bank has had its price target raised by Piper Sandler analysts from $200.00 to $210.00.
- 04/14/2022 – M&T Bank is now covered by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co. They have assigned a “neutral” rating to the stock.
- 04/04/2022 – M&T Bank has had its price target raised by analysts at The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. from $183.00 to $210.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the title.
- 03/28/2022 – M&T Bank has been downgraded by Morgan Stanley analysts from an “equal weight” rating to an “underweight” rating. They now have a price target of $179.00 on the stock, down from $185.00 previously.
- 03/25/2022 – M&T Bank has had its price target raised by Deutsche Bank Aktiengesellschaft analysts from $180.00 to $200.00.
- 03/24/2022 – M&T Bank is now covered by Citigroup Inc. analysts. They have set a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 03/07/2022 – M&T Bank has had its price target raised by Wells Fargo & Company analysts from $160.00 to $180.00. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the stock.
- 02/03/2022 – M&T Bank has been upgraded by StockNews.com analysts from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
Shares of MTB rose $2.79 on Wednesday, hitting $172.00. The company had a trading volume of 19,002 shares, compared to an average volume of 1,740,309. The company has a market capitalization of $22.20 billion, a P/E ratio of 13.14, a price/growth ratio earnings of 2.13 and a beta of 0.92. The company has a 50-day moving average price of $173.36 and a 200-day moving average price of $165.55. The company has a quick ratio of 1.06, a current ratio of 1.00 and a debt ratio of 0.21. M&T Bank Co. has a 12-month low of $128.46 and a 12-month high of $186.95.
M&T Bank (NYSE:MTB – Get Rating) last released quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, April 20. The financial services provider reported earnings per share (EPS) of $2.62 for the quarter, beating Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $2.38 by $0.24. M&T Bank had a return on equity of 11.45% and a net margin of 29.31%. In the same period a year earlier, the company posted earnings per share of $3.41. Equity research analysts expect M&T Bank Co. to post EPS of 12.73 for the current year.
The company also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Thursday, March 31. Investors of record on Monday, February 28 received a dividend of $1.20. The ex-dividend date was Friday, February 25. This represents an annualized dividend of $4.80 and a dividend yield of 2.79%. M&T Bank’s dividend payout ratio is currently 36.67%.
Several institutional investors have recently changed their positions in the MTB. Marshall Wace LLP increased its stake in M&T Bank shares by 355.8% in Q1. Marshall Wace LLP now owns 2,147 shares of the financial services provider valued at $337,000 after purchasing an additional 1,676 shares last quarter. Morgan Stanley increased its stake in M&T Bank shares by 14.7% in Q2. Morgan Stanley now owns 475,221 shares of the financial services provider valued at $69,054,000 after buying an additional 60,944 shares last quarter. Victory Capital Management Inc. increased its stake in M&T Bank by 17.8% during the third quarter. Victory Capital Management Inc. now owns 225,658 shares of the financial services provider worth $33,700,000 after buying an additional 34,172 shares last quarter. Raymond James Financial Services Advisors Inc. increased its stake in M&T Bank by 8.1% during the third quarter. Raymond James Financial Services Advisors Inc. now owns 25,444 shares of the financial services provider worth $3,800,000 after buying 1,896 additional shares last quarter. Finally, Segall Bryant & Hamill LLC acquired a new stake in M&T Bank during Q3 worth approximately $389,000. Hedge funds and other institutional investors hold 85.23% of the company’s shares.
M&T Bank Corporation operates as a bank holding company that provides commercial and retail banking services. The Company’s Business Banking segment provides deposit, lending, cash management and other financial services to small businesses and professionals. Its Commercial Banking segment provides deposit products, commercial loans and leases, letters of credit and cash management services to medium and large commercial enterprises.
Get news and reviews for M&T Bank Co Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of breaking news and analyst notes for M&T Bank Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s free daily email newsletter.