How to apply for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program if you can’t afford rent or pay for utilities in New York City – CVBJ

The Emergency Rent Assistance Program (ERAP) provides financial assistance to help people who cannot afford rent and utilities due to the crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Seven communities in New York State that received emergency rent assistance funding directly from the federal government chose to run their own programs.

Therefore, residents of the City of Rochester and County of Monroe, City of Yonkers, County of Onondaga, and Towns of Hempstead, Islip and Oyster Bay should apply for emergency rental assistance with their programs. local and are not eligible for state aid. -Management of the emergency rental assistance program.

Those eligible for support must meet the following criteria:

They are entitled to unemployment assistance or have suffered a decrease in household income, had significant expenses or had financial hardship due to COVID-19

–They risk becoming homeless

–Have a household income equal to or less than 80% of the region’s median income

Individuals approved for support may receive:

Up to 12 months of late payment of rent for debts due from March 13, 2020.

–Up to 3 months of additional rent assistance if the person is expected to spend 30% or more of their gross monthly income to pay the rent.

–Up to 12 months of late payment for electricity or gas utilities due to accumulated arrears as of March 13, 2020.

To apply, you need to access the program portal where you need to upload the following documents:

–Personal identification of the applicant. Acceptable identification documents include the following: photo ID, government issued driver’s license or non-driver ID, passport, birth certificate, or school enrollment.

–Social security number of any family member who has one. Legal immigrant status is not required to be eligible for the program.

– Proof of the amount of the rent, signed lease, even if it has expired. If a lease is not available, a rent receipt, void check or money order may be presented as proof. If you have no documents, a declaration from the owner will be accepted.

–Proof of residence and occupation: signed lease, rent receipt, utility bill, school record, account statement, postal mail with the name of the applicant, insurance bill or driver’s license. The vouchers must be up to date.

–A proof of income such as pay stubs, proof of deposit into a bank account, or letter of unemployment benefit.

It should be noted that each case will be analyzed individually and it is not certain that you will benefit from it if you apply.

You may also like:

– AMLO will offer home loans to migrants in the United States to return to Mexico

– Thousands of American families to receive more money in December as part of Biden administration’s ‘child tax credit’

– How much money will New York and New Jersey get from Biden’s new infrastructure plan and what will it be invested in?

Comments are closed.