Emergency Planning Officer job with London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and London Borough of Wandsworth
The Emergency Planning Advice Unit is looking to recruit a forward thinking, motivated and passionate individual for the role of Emergency Planning Officer.
The contingency planning team ensures that plans are in place for boards to respond effectively to any external or internal incident. This requires detailed planning, delivery, testing and exercise of response plans and structures to ensure they are fit for purpose in the event of a major incident.
This position provides an exciting opportunity to lead the Contingency Planning Team in fulfilling its responsibilities under the Civilian Contingencies Act 2004, maintaining and enhancing its contingency planning and continuity work. activities.
The Contingency Planning Unit is located within Environmental and Community Services and is primarily based in Wandsworth, with hot-desking facilities available in Twickenham.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Environment and Community Services, you will be responsible for integrating the resilience standards from London to Richmond and Wandsworth, while working to maintain and improve emergency planning and business continuity arrangements. activities in the two arrondissements.
You will be:
- Review, develop and modify the Business Resilience Plan and Emergency Advice Appeal Procedures Booklet.
- Liaise with police, firefighters, health services and others on aspects of emergency planning and business continuity, including the design and delivery of training and exercises
- Introduce staff and contractors to the Council’s work in contingency planning and / or business continuity.
- Be required to participate in the 24-hour counseling intervention rotation by being on call at specific times.
Please see the attached job profile for all the responsibilities of this varied role.
To be shortlisted for an interview for this position, your application must clearly prove:
- Working knowledge of the Civil Contingencies Act 2004.
- A clear understanding of the goals and objectives of contingency planning and business continuity, including experience of implementing them in a relevant setting.
- Familiarity with the principles of Common Emergency Services Interoperability (JESIP) and experience in maintaining good relations with stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and ability to empower decision making within the team
- Confident in managing a team through project delivery and rapidly changing priorities
- Experience using Microsoft Office packages including, but not limited to Word, Excel, and Power Point.
If this is the next step for you and you want to join our team, we look forward to your application.
How to register?
Please register, submit your CV and proof of how you meet the requirements for this position. If you are having difficulty applying online, please contact the recruitment team at [email protected] to see if we can offer you other ways to apply.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community who wish to join our team. We are committed to making our recruiting practices as inclusive as possible for everyone.
Why choose us?
We can offer you work packages that will improve your work-life balance, including a generous 31-day vacation pay plus public holidays. We are very supportive of staff development and learning opportunities.
In addition, we offer a full range of employee benefits such as membership in the local government pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology program, interest free loans on annual travel cards. , discounts on many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Closing Date: Sunday 17e October 2021
Preselection date: W / C Monday 18e October 2021
Date of interview: W / c 25e October 2021
The closing date is given for information only. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. We strongly advise you to complete your request as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note that the dates announced for the interviews may change due to the current Covid-19 situation. If this is the case, we will let you know as soon as possible. Your health and well-being are our top priority.
If you become ill from Covid-19 during the recruitment process, we would very much appreciate receiving an update from you as soon as possible.
The Richmond and Wandsworth councils are committed to promoting equality and diversity and to developing a culture that values ââdifferences. We recognize that employees with diverse backgrounds make important and positive contributions to boards and can improve the way we provide service. We are proud to be a confident employer when it comes to disability.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils