BCPL ends late fees + MD lifts state of emergency
Up and up to them, Catonsville! Here’s everything you need to know to get off to a good start this Friday, July 2nd.
First, the weather forecast for the day: Possible light rain in the morning. High: 80 Low: 61.
Here are the best stories in Catonsville today:
- The Baltimore County Public Library announced he has permanently elimination of late fees and extended loan fees, and unpaid balances on cardholder accounts have been deleted. Clients who may not have visited the library recently due to financial obligations or for fear of having to pay late fines are encouraged to visit their local branch and restart with a clean slate. (NottinghamMD.com)
- Four members of the Baltimore County Fire Department have been deployed to the Miami area to help with seek and save operations at the The Surfside Condominium Collapse. (Room)
- At 6 a.m. yesterday, many COVID-19 restrictions in Maryland were no longer in force, because the State lifted its state of emergencey. Governor Larry Hogan said the state of emergency will in fact be lifting in two phases – with some policies ending Thursday and others after a 45 day grace period. (WJZ Baltimore)
- Dundalk’s Melvin Joseph Tucker III was arrested over the weekend and accused of second degree grated and sexual abuse of a minor, and authorities believe he may have targeted and abused other victims. Tucker had been a baseball coach in the Arbutus Recreational League. (Room)
Today’s Catonsville Daily is brought to you by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To find out how 5G will change the lives of you and your community – and gain access to this amazing technology – Click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Catonsville!
Today in Catonsville
- Free Estate Planning and Life Trust Workshop Live Q&A Friday at 3 p.m. (3 p.m.)
- FREE registration for the summer music camp – 5 / 7-8 / 20 (10h00)
- Preschool Story Time (10:00 a.m.)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- WaterKeepers Chesapeake Concert (July 3)
- Live Jazz Benefit Concert (July 3)
You are all caught up for today! I’ll catch up to you early tomorrow morning with another update.
– Dan Shalin